Current Names -Reply

Neil Morgan Morgan.Neil at NMNH.SI.EDU
Fri Jan 29 14:54:02 CST 1999

Allison

I found the Tomolonus name in ITIS. There is only one listed species in =
the database.
Scientific Name =3D Tomolonus reductus (TSN 99913)
Usage: invalid
Unacceptability Reason: junior synonym
Author: Mills, 1949
Kingdom : Animalia
Rank: Species=20
Valid Scientific Name: Tomocerus reductus (Mills, 1949) (99912)

I also found Pachyneuridae (as suggested by Doug Y.)
Scientific Name =3D Pachyneuridae (TSN 121299)
Usage: valid
Kingdom : Animalia
Rank: Family=20

Hope this helps.

 "Allison R. Brigham" <abrigham at USGS.GOV> 01/29/99 01:02pm >>>
List--

I am reviewing some older lists of invertebrate taxa from the
northeastern United States and have the old, outdated names
of two taxa for which I cannot find currently valid names. The
taxa are (1) Tomolonus and (2) Pacyneuridae. The information
I have is so sketchy that I do not even know the phylum! The
traditional sources such as Zoological Record or the ITIS
database have come up blank, as have the web search
engines.

Any leads?

Allison Brigham
abrigham at usgs.gov