Please pass this on!

STEVE MONROE cyconaut at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 26 09:30:43 CST 1999

      mfobrien at umich.edu Tue Jan 26 05:32:55 1999 wrote:

>You are a blithering idiot for sending chain e-mail, especially to a
list
>seerver.  Not only is it unwanted, it is also technically illegal -
akin
>to spam.

>Mark F. O'Brien   Collections Coordinator & Webmeister
>UMMZ Insect Division, 1109 Geddes Avenue
>734-647-2199    fax: 734-763-4080    mfobrien at umich.edu
>Michigan Odonata Survey:http://insects.ummz.lsa.umich.edu/
>michodo/mos.html
>Editor, Great Lakes Entomologist

  Dear Sir;

  This is in response to your reply of my being a "blithering idiot".

  If you had actually read the message you would have noticed that it
was more than a chain letter but possibly a child's last wish and hope
for life. It asked no more than for you to take the time to forward the
message to a few people, that a donation of 3 cents would be made on
behalf of every person that the message is forwarded to. The message was
started by a professional and educated person much like myself and, I
assume, most others on the Taxacom list. I do NOT advocate chain
letters, but I hoped that after reading it that others would make an
exception in this case as I myself chose to do. I also believe that most
of the good people who subscribe to this list will also understand and
hopefully be more sensitive.
  You sir are a hostile and ignorant man to begrudge the last gasp for
life from a small child who probably is praying right now that there are
people in this world who might take a few minutes of their prescious
time to try and possibly save her life and maybe even one day their own
or someone close to them. I hope the rest of you will lower yourself to
my level and share in my "blithering" attempt to evolve as a human
being...

   Steve Monroe