Lists of Names

Hugh Wilson wilson at MAIL.BIO.TAMU.EDU
Sat May 8 09:08:39 CDT 1999

Vascular plant names listings can be downloaded from the USDA plants
site at:

http://plants.usda.gov/plantproj/plants/plntmenu.html
(see 'download plants')

and the US National Plant Germplasm System site at:

http://www.ars-grin.gov/npgs/
(see: http://www.ars-grin.gov/npgs/tax/index.html)

Herbarium specimen data downloads are available from the Northern
Prairie Herbarium at:

http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/othrdata/herbar/herbar.htm

and

http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/FLORA/output/outputa.html

which includes data from herbaria involved with the herbarium
specimen browser at:

http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/FLORA/ftc/ftphsb.htm

> have tried checking the Web and found a number of databases that can
> be consulted (for plants; I did not look for animals), but none that
> seemed willing to allow downloading. Mary Barkworth, Intermountain
> Herbarium Department of Biology, Utah State University, Logan, Utah
> 84322-5305 Voice: 435-797-1584 FAX: 435-797-1575
> Http://www.biology.usu.edu/herbarium/

Hugh D. Wilson
Texas A&M University - Biology
h-wilson at tamu.edu (409-845-3354)