MacClade... From the author

Kipling Will kww4 at CORNELL.EDU
Wed May 12 16:24:11 CDT 1999

Kip Will passed along the MacClade query to me, and here's the scoop:

MacClade 3 is temporarily unavailable, as Sinauer ran out of copies of
the
manual.  They have decided to distribute 3.08 as CD-only; that is, there
will be no printed manual (although apparently the Excerpts from the
book,
containing the introductory chapters, will be included as a hard copy).
The reason they are not printing more version 3 manuals is that we hope
have version 4 released later this year, and they don't want a back-log
of
version 3 manuals.  Sinauer is currently preparing the 3.08 CD.  I
expect
it will be available soon, but I do not know the details.

The updater to convert MacClade 3.0-3.07 into MacClade 3.08 is already
available on MacClade's web site at
http://phylogeny.arizona.edu/macclade/macclade.html

Version 4 will come in both 68K and PowerPC versions, and will (perhaps
as
version 4.01) be MacOS X friendly.  Version 4 has many changes to the
interface, and significant improvements in the data editor (including
many
tools for manipulating molecular sequence data), with a few additions to
the tree window.

Best wishes,
David

=========

David R. Maddison                PHONE: (520) 621 9781
Department of Entomology         FAX: (520) 621 1150
University of Arizona            Internet:beetle at ag.arizona.edu
Tucson, AZ   85721

--
Kipling Will