Who like Multiple authors?

ricardo ricardo at ANS.COM.AU
Sun May 23 08:53:36 CDT 1999

>>I have seen herbarium labels with as many as 10 collectors listed, even
for a small herb<<

I have feeling that all started with trip of a few friends who go to
collecting trip and collecting everything into one bag/bottle/cage... and
after they try to bee very nice and friendly and like to share
results/specimens/victories.

I have my personal opinion that this is very childisch/infantile behavior.

Next time for sake of good behaviour someone can put on list as collectors
all benefactors/supporters, half of institut who support him including
cleaners and grandfamily of director.

Anyway
When I have collected any interesting specimens, I still remember it. Each
specimen what I have collected and prepared is for me like postcard from my
past.  And I guest that many of you are same.. When someone publish paper I
can ask about where exactly you have collect the specimen and you will
know..

I can understand that some large physical experiments need 200 men stuff or
monography of large group could be done by few scientists working together,
but you do not need 6 men to lift one insect size of peanut or small flower.

Keep care and be of good cheer.

Regards

(name) Vratislav Richard Eugene Maria John Baptiste
(surname) of Bejsak (Bayshark)-Collorado-Mansfeld

http://www.coleoptera.org
Coleoptera - Australia, Tenebrionidae of World
(incl. Lagriinae, Alleculinae)

University of Sydney
The Wentworth Bldg.,
P.O.Box 62
NSW 2006
AUSTRALIA
phone  :  +61 414 540 465
e-mail: vratislav at bigfoot.com
           ricardo at ans.com.au
           (before Ricardo at compuserve.com
             and    ricardo at login.cz )

Only after the last tree has been cut down,
only after the last river has been poisoned,
only after the last fish has been caught,
only then will you find that money can not be eaten.'
        CREE INDIAN PROPHECY.

Incoming  mail is certified Virus Free.