multiple [collectors]

Ron Kaneen rkaneen at ISLAND.NET
Sun May 23 17:04:31 CDT 1999

In the case where multiple collectors exist for a single organism or a
collection of organisms, it might be wise to list the names of all the
collectors in a notebook somewhere.  I agree that 200 names for a 2-page
article or 30 names for a half page article about the name of a bird is a
bit much, but if there are multiple collectors each should be noted somewhere.

If we are worried about labeling the tag for the specimen, or citing the
work somewhere, I don't see the problem with listing just the name of the
primary collector and replace the rest with *et al.*  If there is a problem
with this I offer others to feel free to correct me.

Colin Kaneen