living trees (Eucalyptus and Araucaria)

Thomas Schlemmermeyer termites at USP.BR
Sun May 9 15:42:44 CDT 1999

Dear colleagues,

 While the endeavor to study the tree of life is a legitimate concern of
 many life scientists, efforts to try to identify living trees might be
undertaken by an even broader range of persons.

 So, on a nice walk through the interior of Sao Paulo state, yesterday, I
 wondered myself about the many species of Eucalyptus, I saw.

 Are there any easy reading manuals which permit identification of Eucalyptus
 in the field?
 And, are there manuals of the same style available as well for our famous
 already mentioned gymnosperm genus Araucaria?

   Thanks   Thomas