Public Access

Walker, Ken KWALKER at MOV.VIC.GOV.AU
Wed May 12 17:39:52 CDT 1999

------_=_NextPart_001_01BE9C4A.9FD5BDF0

Hi All,

Museum Victoria's web query access into our Victorian Butterfly, Frog and
Snake collection management databases is now available.  While individual
specimen record data is available, the site has been designed to encourage
public (ie. non-scientific) use of this data.  In particular, it addresses
some of the educational requirements of our Victorian Secondary School
curriculum in the areas of biodiversity and geography.

The URL is:

http://www.mov.vic.gov.au/bioinformatics/

Feedback on this site would be most welcome.

Yours,

Ken Walker

------_=_NextPart_001_01BE9C4A.9FD5BDF0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>Public Access</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi All,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Museum Victoria's web query access =
into our Victorian Butterfly, Frog and Snake collection management =
databases is now available.&nbsp; While individual specimen record data =
is available, the site has been designed to encourage public (ie. =
non-scientific) use of this data.&nbsp; In particular, it addresses =
some of the educational requirements of our Victorian Secondary School =
curriculum in the areas of biodiversity and geography.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The URL is:</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.mov.vic.gov.au/bioinformatics/" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.mov.vic.gov.au/bioinformatics/</A></FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Feedback on this site would be most =
welcome.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Yours,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Ken Walker</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01BE9C4A.9FD5BDF0--