Rhipidomys & other mammals

Ken Kinman kinman at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun May 23 11:49:14 CDT 1999

Mammalogists on Taxacom,
      I'm a little prejudiced when it comes to resources on mammals, sinc=
e I=20
was co-editor of the first edition of Mammals Species of the World (1982).
      A second edition was published in 1993, and it is now available onl=
ine=20
at the Smithsonian Institution site.  Just go to a search engine and type=
 in=20
Mammal Species of the World, and the Smithsonian site should appear near =
the=20
top of the list.
                          -----Ken Kinman
P.S.  The genus Rhipidomys in particular is not very well known, and the=20
exact number of species is still very debatable (I personally doubt that =
all=20
the 14 species listed are good species, but I've always been more of a=20
lumper than a splitter).