Help with Araecerus

Ken Kinman kinman at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 6 10:52:11 CST 2000

      I don't the details of this situation, but I am a little curious.
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't fasciculatus Degeer, 1775 the designated
type species of Araecerus.
      If so, how did Zimmerman justify continued use of the generic name
Araecerus for the coffee bean weevil?  Seems to me that it would be
difficult to justify this unless some new types were designated and/or an
application was made for ICZN action of some kind.
                    Just curious,
                              Ken