Help with Araecerus

Ken Kinman kinman at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 6 13:19:08 CST 2000

     If coffeae and fasciculatus are closely related that should present no
problem for genus Araecerus.
     However, if I had to deal with this genus, I'd be sure to ascertain
whether Zimmerman is applying a phylogenetic species concept or not,
especially if these species are allopatric.  If so, it could be just a
matter of opinion whether the 1982 synonymy of these forms was correct or
not.   Not saying that is the case here, but I would personally check into
it before using one name or the other (just to make sure).