Help with Araecerus

Jose Ricardo M. Mermudes mermudes at BIO.UFPR.BR
Fri Dec 8 10:36:32 CST 2000

Dear all,

    I think  that for long time A. fasciculatus was misidentificated. Maybe
all specimens, except  De Geer's
Type(s) would been A. coffeae (Fabricius, 1801).

    Look this paper:
    VALENTINE, B. D. 1998. A review of Neartic and some related Anthribidae
(Coleoptera). Insecta  Mundi,
12 (3/4): 251-296.

Jose Ricardo M. Mermudes
UFPR-Depto. de Zoologia-Entomologia