Converting Slides to High-quality Web Images

Diana Horton diana-horton at UIOWA.EDU
Fri Dec 15 14:35:06 CST 2000

Whoa!   A thousand thanks to all of you who have responded - immediately! -
with just the information I needed!

For anyone interested in the essence of the comments (but recognizing this
is a gross simplification), the thing that virtually everyone stresses is,
the slides must be scanned at high resolution (*at least* 2000 dpi) and
colour depth of at least 30 bits, and then imported into a photo shop-type
program where the scans can be manipulated and compressed.  For anyone
interested in the details, which are very worthwhile reading for anyone in
my shoes, I have compiled all the comments into a single e-mail, which I'll
be happy to forward.

Again, thank you all so much.  That's why I love this mailing list!

-- diana