How to convert slides of herbarium specimens into good qualityweb site images?

Mark Garland magarland at NETZERO.NET
Sun Dec 17 11:05:45 CST 2000

I second the notion of Kodak Photo CD's.  They're convenient, fairly cheap,
and versatile.  A couple of years ago, my office converted several hundred
slides of Florida wetland plants to Photo CD format.  You can get about 100
slides on each Photo CD, each at several different resolutions--we sent the
highest resolution to the printer for a book (Florida Wetland Plants:  An
Identification Manual, set initially in-house in Pagemaker) and we use lower
resolutions on a web site:

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/water/slerp/wetlands/default.htm

But now that I think of it, I'm not sure what scanning procedure to vote
for.

Mark Garland
2600 Blair Stone Road, Mail Station 2500
Tallahassee, Florida 32399

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633