Converting Slides to Web Images

Diana Horton diana-horton at UIOWA.EDU
Tue Dec 19 10:42:39 CST 2000

After reading Anthony Pigott's msg. and checking out the images on the
British Pteridological Society's web site
(http://www.ebps.org.uk/rasbach/rasbach.htm) he cited, I decided that, for
me, a Kodak Photo CD is the way to go, because it eliminates a lot of
time-consuming fiddling with the images.  However, in checking prices, I
discovered there certainly *is* variability!  I called Kodak in New Jersey,
and they charge $142.39 for 100 slides; a local photography shop charges
$171.59; another $144.64; and a chain grocery store, $286 (the latter is
not for a Kodak CD; some other CD).  At any rate, I haven't yet been able
to track it down for less than $140.

Once again, thanks to everyone for their comments!

Diana Horton
University of Iowa Herbarium
Department of Biological Sciences
312 CB