Opening for a CURATORIAL ASSISTANT in the NYBG Phanerogamic herb arium
bthiers at NYBG.ORG
Fri Jun 2 09:08:42 CDT 2000
The New York Botanical Garden Herbarium has an opening for a CURATORIAL
ASSISTANT in the Phanerogamic Herbarium.
* Process New York Botanical Garden expedition collections, e. g.,
enter information from field books into a computer database to produce
labels; sort specimens by plant family;
* Enter information from specimen labels into computerized database;
* File specimens according to taxonomic and geographic arrangement;
* Assist visiting scholars using the Herbarium;
* Other miscellaneous herbarium tasks.
Reports to: Dr. Jacquelyn Kallunki, Associate Director of the
Experience and qualifications required:
* course work in botany, or herbarium experience;
* ability to do accurate, efficient data entry of botanical and
* organized, neat, detail-oriented;
* good verbal and written communication skills;
* familiarity with Portuguese a plus.
Education: B.S. or M.S. in botany, with emphasis on taxonomy preferred.
Starting Date: Negotiable, but as soon after 1 August 2000 as possible.
For more information about working at NYBG, please see the "Herbarium
Employment" web page (http://www.nybg.org/bsci/herb/herb2.html).
The New York Botanical Garden is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. Send resume, application, and names of three references to:
Human Resources Department
New York Botanical Garden
Bronx, NY 10458-5126
RE: Curatorial Assistant Position in Phanerogamic Herbarium
NOTE: We are currently recruting for three positions in the NYBG Herbarium:
1. Curatorial Assistant in the Phanerogamic Herbarium (this
2. Curatorial Assistant in the Cryptogamic Herbarium (announced on
TAXACOM last week)
3. Imaging Coordinator ((announced on TAXACOM last week)
More information about these positions will be available shortly on our
Herbarium Employment web page (URL above)
Dr. Barbara M. Thiers
New York Botanical Garden <http://www.nybg.org/>
200th St. & Southern Blvd.
Bronx, NY 10458-5126
Email: bthiers at nybg.org
More information about the Taxacom