Program Director positions at U.S.NSF/Systematics

Rodman, James E jrodman at NSF.GOV
Thu May 11 08:55:54 CDT 2000

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but..."

Gladdened by the request for a hefty increase for the U.S. National Science
Foundation in next fiscal year's budget, we are eager to recruit good
rotator program directors to manage and promote the systematics enterprise
at NSF, including the Systematic Biology Program, Biotic Surveys and
Inventories (BS&I), and the Partnerships for Enhancing Expertise in Taxonomy
(PEET). Scientists should be associated with a U.S. institution that is
eligible to receive NSF funding and should be six years or more beyond their
Ph.D. Rotator program directors usually serve for one or two years,
renewable for a third. We are searching for candidates for this coming year,
starting in the fall, and for the following year (2001). There are real
opportunities for expanding the core programs in systematics and for
increasing the links to major NSF initiatives in Biocomplexity, Information
Technology Research, and the National Ecological Observatory Network, to
name just a few.
        If you are interested, or if you know of a colleague who may be
positioned to help serve the systematics enterprise, please contact a
program officer in the Systematic Biology Program, in the Division of
Environmental Biology, or write directly to our (rotator) Division Director,
Dr. Terry Yates and let us know of your interest (contact information
available on the NSF website at www.nsf.gov). Strike while the iron's hot,
as they say!

Dr. James E. Rodman
Program Director, Systematic Biology
Division of Environmental Biology, Rm 635
National Science Foundation
4201 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22230
703-306-1481, x6436 (voice)