little bloopers & big

Ken Kinman kinman at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue May 23 08:17:01 CDT 2000

     I guess like jokes, bloopers aren't so funny when you've heard them
before.  The funniest are unexpected and take you by surprise.
     Not being around young children much, I remember being amused and
surprised by my 4-year-old nephew when he learned that ocean water was
salty.  I told him there is very little salt in lake water or river water,
but that ocean water has a lot of salt in it.  He looked a little puzzled
and said "and lots of pepper too?"
                     -----Ken Kinman
P.S.  On the other hand, I cringe every time I hear about life originating
at ocean vents or in hot springs.  But we are some years away from widely
recognizing how big a blooper that really is.