CURATORIAL ASSISTANT position available at NYBG
bthiers at NYBG.ORG
Thu May 25 14:19:50 CDT 2000
The New York Botanical Garden Herbarium has an opening for position for a
* Process and file new accessions of fungi, algae, and bryophytes
* Manage herbarium transactions in a computerized database
* Repair and re-file return loans of fungi, algae and bryophytes
* Catalog data from herbarium specimens into a computerized database;
image herbarium specimens.
Reports to: Dr. Barbara M. Thiers, Associate Director of the Herbarium
Experience and qualifications required:
* course work in botany, or herbarium experience with non-vascular
plant collections preferred
* experience with computer data basing and word-processing
* organized, neat, detail-oriented
* good verbal and written communication skills
Education: B.S. or M.S. in botany or mycology, with emphasis on taxonomy
Starting Date: Negotiable, but as soon after 18 August 2000 as possible.
For more information about working at NYBG, please see the"Herbarium
<http://www.nybg.org/bsci/herb/herb2.html> > " web page.
The New York Botanical Garden is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. Send resume, application (downloadable from web address given
above) and names of three references to:
Ms. Karen Yesnick
Head, Human Resources Dept.
New York Botanical Garden
Bronx, NY 10458
RE: Curatorial Assistant Position
If you have any questions about the position, contact Barbara M. Thiers
(bthiers at nybg.org)
Dr. Barbara M. Thiers
Associate Director of the Herbarium
New York Botanical Garden <http://www.nybg.org/>
200th St. & Southern Blvd.
Bronx, NY 10458-5126
Email: bthiers at nybg.org
More information about the Taxacom