Job available at AUB

Dr Stephen L. Jury s.l.jury at READING.AC.UK
Wed Nov 15 18:07:16 CST 2000

The Department of Biology at the American University of Beirut has a post
for a taxonomist. I have been working there recently and Dr Salma N.
Talhouk has asked me if I can help find any suitable applicants. Please
contact her directly at The Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences, The
American University of Beirut, P.O.Box: 11-0236, Riad el Solh, Beirut 1107
2020, Lebanon;  email: ntsalma at aub.edu.lb, fax: 961-1-744460.

Applications are invited for a faculty position in the areas of
Bio-informatics, Marine Ecology, Plant Taxonomy and Population Genetics.

 Ph.D. degree, teaching and research experience required.

Applicants to the field of Plant Taxonomy should have a classical
taxonomic training.
Experience in running and managing a historic herbarium and developing one
of regional and international importance is a plus. The applicant is
expected to
collaborate with a multidisciplinary research team. All applicants are
expected to
participate in directing graduate student research, teach or share-teach
courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels.

Positions are at the assistant professor level but higher ranks may be
considered depending on qualifications. Appointments are generally for an
initial
period of three years.

Visiting positions at all levels may be considered for all vacancies.

Sabbatical visitors are welcome in all fields.

Dr Stephen L. Jury
Euro+Med Secretariat
Centre for Plant Diversity and Systematics
Plant Science Laboratories
The University of Reading
Whiteknights
PO Box 221
Reading
RG6 6AS
UK

email: s.l.jury at reading.ac.uk
tel. (0118) 931 8169, overseas +44 118 931 8169
Secretary (0118) 931 8160, overseas +44 118 931 8160
fax (0118) 975 3676, overseas +44 118 975 3676

http://www.euromed.org.uk/