[Re:] Use of higher taxonomic groups = use species?

Thomas Schlemmermeyer termites at USP.BR
Thu Nov 16 10:10:58 CST 2000

This depends on the species (plural) in question. Some species are so similar
to each other on terms of resource use and niche exploitation that they may
treated as one higher group (depending on the exact question you are
investigating), other species are so highly specialized that it does not make
sense to throw them all into one basket.