"cutting edge taxonomy"

Thomas Schlemmermeyer termites at USP.BR
Thu Nov 16 11:29:59 CST 2000

In several previous threads I tried to express my preoccupation about how
difficult it is to get a taxonomist, in this thread I will refine the criterium:

Is it possible to make "cutting edge taxonomy" ?

I think in science they speak of "cutting edge science" if it is science that
really provides new break-throughs and new, substantial insights.

In some countries such as Germany there are still many scientists who say that
taxonomy is not science. On the other hand, if taxonomy is science, one of its
characteristics must be the existence of such a "cutting edge taxonomy".

Where can I find it?