Coleoptera & Strepsiptera

Ken Kinman kinman at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 17 21:23:29 CST 2000

      While we are on the subject of beetles, has there been anything
published in the last couple of years on the debate whether Strepsiptera are
more closely related to Coleoptera or Diptera?
      I have always put that order next to Coleoptera, and last I heard the
proposed relationship to Diptera was based on rather "iffy" preliminary
molecular analysis.
                     -----Ken Kinman