Dvader at INDHORT.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Apr 4 09:05:46 CDT 2001
A new edition of HORTAX NEWS is due to be shipped at the end of April.
This occasional newsletter from the UK based Horticultural Taxonomy
Group will contain a number of items of interest to those concerned with
the nomenclature of cultivated plants, including:
* A review of the 3rd Symposium on the Taxonomy of Cultivated Plants
* A preview of the forthcoming 4th Symposium (Toronto, August 2002).
* A piece on Standards and Standard Portfolios in the herbarium.
* An account of the inaugural meeting of the International Association
of Cultivated Plant Taxonomy.
* Updated information on International Cultivar Registration Authorities
* A piece on Trademarks and their misuse in cultivated plant
* Information on the soon-to-be-launched HORTAX website.
HORTAX NEWS is issued free of charge to all those with an interest in
the naming and classification of cultivated plants. Since it is some
time since the last printed edition of HORTAX NEWS was issued, the
mailing list is currently being revised and updated.
If you have received past copies but have moved job/address since 1998,
please send your new address to me by e-mail at the address below
_before Easter_ so as to be included in the next mailing.
If you think you would like to receive a copy for the first time, please
send your full name and mailing address (including any zip/post code) to
me at the e-mail address below.
With kind regards to all, Piers Trehane
Editor, HORTAX NEWS
Dvader at indhort.demon.co.uk
More information about the Taxacom