Funds for museum visits

Thomas Pape thomas.pape at NRM.SE
Wed Dec 19 17:36:23 CST 2001

FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR SHORT VISITS TO THE SWEDISH MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY (NATURHISTORISKA RIKSMUSEET, NRM)

The funds are made available through the European Commission's programme for "Improving the Human Research Potential and the Socio-economic Knowledge Base" (IHP). The grant is entitled "Access to Naturhistoriska Riksmuseet - High Latitude" (High Lat). It enables us to meet travel and accommodation costs for scientists wishing to use our collections and/or other research facilities. The High Lat programme began November 1st 2001 and will run for 28 months. Applications for financial support for a visit to NRM are herewith invited.

There are a number of terms and conditions associated with this opportunity, as outlined below. If you are interested in applying for support, or are uncertain about whether you are eligible, please visit our website (http://www.nrm.se/highlat/) or contact the project management (highlat at nrm.se).

1) A formal application must be made. Please read the Application Guidelines (http://www.nrm.se/highlat/applguide.html) before completing the Application Form (http://www.nrm.se/highlat/application.html). The first deadline for submission of applications is February 15, 2002.

2) To be eligible you must conduct your research in an EU Member State or Associated State (http://www.nrm.se/highlat/condition.html). Research teams working in Sweden are not eligible for support under the High Lat programme.

3) Priority will be given to scientists who have not previously used our facilities and who are working in regions of the EU where few such research infrastructures exist.

We hope that many of you will see this as an opportunity to visit the Swedish Museum of Natural History, utilising collections and other facilities that have not previously been available to you.

Thomas Pape
Naturhistoriska riksmuseet