Biological Informatics question

Peter Rauch peterr at SOCRATES.BERKELEY.EDU
Tue Jan 30 09:16:36 CST 2001

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, David Chesmore wrote:
> From: David Chesmore <e.d.chesmore at ENG.HULL.AC.UK>
> I agree with Peter Rauch about bioinformatics and have found
> that in the UK at least, the term "bioinformatics" seems to
> have been hijacked by molecular biologists as a discipline
> dealing exclusively with genetics.

Dave and all,
Just to be clear about "my" posting. I was _not_ the author of
that posting (nor have I yet posted my opinion about the use
of the term); I was simply crossposting Ken Klemow's posting on
Ecolog-L to Taxacom, for your information and commentaries.

Thank for all the responses, however. Ken said he has found the
ones he's received directly to be useful. I will point him to
Taxacom's archive so he can review the rest of them.
 Peter Rauch