Help with Milium effusum

Torbjörn Tyler Torbjorn.Tyler at SYSBOT.LU.SE
Thu Jul 19 08:18:12 CDT 2001

Hi!

> I am a PhD-student working on the geographic distribution of genetic=
>  within-species variation in various woodland plants. At present my main=
>  interest is in Milium effusum. I am concentrating on Euroasia and the=
>  European subspecies (ssp. effusum) but, for comparison, I would very much=
>  like to have some material of the North American ssp. cisatlanticum as=
>  well. However, this far I have not been able to get any living material=
>  from America of this species. Now I hope that you are able to help me,=
>  either by collecting some seeds for me from one or more native American=
>  population of this species, or by forwarding this message to those of your=
>  colleages whom you think may be able to help me.
>
> What I need is living seed material from distinct native populations. If=
>  possible, I would like to get bulk population-samples from c. 25 different=
>  plants in each population, but, since I have no material at all from=
>  America at present, every single seed of American origin would be of great=
>  interest to me. In northern Europe the seeds of Milium are just beginning=
>  to ripen at present and I guess that it will be approximately the same=
>  timing at the American sites. So, if you know a locality for this species,=
>  or happends to encounter it during some fieldtrip, I would be very happy if=
>  you could simply collect some seeds for me!
>
> Yours kindly
> Torbjoern Tyler

> Torbjoern Tyler   /  Projekt Sk=E5nes Flora
>
> Dept. of Systematic Botany    =09
> Lund University               =09
> Oe. Vallgatan 20              =09
> SE-223 61 Lund                                =09
>                       =09
> tel. +(0)46-222 89 69
> fax + (0)46-222 42 34
> e-mail: torbjorn.tyler at sysbot.lu.se

Torbjörn Tyler   /  Projekt Skånes Flora

Dept. of Systematic Botany
Lund University
Oe. Vallgatan 20
SE-223 61 Lund

tel. +(0)46-222 89 69
fax + (0)46-222 42 34
e-mail: torbjorn.tyler at sysbot.lu.se

Private adress: Bredgatan 12B, SE-243 32 Höör (=Hoeoer), tel. +(0)413-23123.