Value of Herbarium Specimens

Allison R Brigham abrigham at USGS.GOV
Wed Jul 25 08:45:08 CDT 2001

A while ago I brought back a significant southwestern US caddisfly
collection that was donated to the INHS. I prepared a detailed spreadsheet
of all the material and entomologists from the Florida State Collection of
Arthropods performed the final appraisal for the donor. FSCA in its review
of this insect collection applied different dollar values based on the
level of identification (species, genus, sorted to family), the type of
preparation (alcohol, pinned, slide), and for various kinds of type
specimens.

Allison
USGS, Denver