Value of Herbarium Specimens

Barry M. OConnor bmoc at UMICH.EDU
Wed Jul 25 11:34:44 CDT 2001

At 9:13 AM -0600 7/25/01, Una Smith wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 10:58:23AM -0700, Barry M. OConnor wrote:
>
>>But remember, it's the tax man we're dealing with here! - Barry
>
>Then perhaps you should direct this question to the IRS, not TAXACOM.

Absolutely!  We had a tax man at the Entomological Collections Network
meeting a few years ago, and I think he scared most of us away from the
collection appraising arena.  To return to the original query posted about
value of herbarium specimens, perhaps the botanists should do the same. -
Barry

Barry M. OConnor
Curator & Professor             phone: (734) 763-4354
Museum of Zoology               FAX: (734) 763-4080
University of Michigan          e-mail: bmoc at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1079  USA