Royal pain in the ass

Bill Shear wshear at EMAIL.HSC.EDU
Fri Jul 27 13:13:19 CDT 2001

On 7/27/01 1:14 PM, "Susan B. Farmer" <sfarmer at GOLDSWORD.COM> wrote:

> Not only is replying to the list a problem, but I've just gotten
> 4 "out of the office" and one "bounce" message due to the last
> post.  This sort of reply should go to the list owner, not the
> sender.

And that's another thing--these people who set up "out of the office"
messages but don't either unsubscribe or set "no mail" on their discussion
lists.

Actually taxacom's settings work to our advantage in this case.  "Out of the
office" messages that reach a whole list can set up reverberations that
rapidly fill your box (each "out of the office" that goes to a list also
goes to the person who sent the original message, thus triggering another
one).  I haven't had this happen in a few years, so I suspect that most
servers have a way of filtering such messages.....?

Bill Shear