ADMIN: PLEASE READ Re: [TAXACOM] Royal pain in the ass

Peter Rauch peterr at SOCRATES.BERKELEY.EDU
Fri Jul 27 11:23:30 CDT 2001

By the way, one more piece of information, that may sooth your
sore email DELETE fingers...

When I occasionally post a message to Taxacom, I -as the
posting's author-- also receive back those annoying "I'm on
vacation" messages. I take special privilege as the list's
administrator to immediately SET those subscribers to NOMAIL, in
order to impress upon them the desirability of they themselves
tending to SETting their subscriptions to NOMAIL before they
leave the office. If it happens again (and I remember the
stronger reinforcement.

Finally, to SET your own subsciption to NOMAIL, before you
enable your "vacation" program, please send email to
listserv at usobi.org with:

SET TAXACOM NOMAIL

When you return, send:

SET TAXACOM MAIL