Publication when public policy makes specimens unavailable

Ron at Ron at
Thu Jun 7 21:30:57 CDT 2001

IF it is true that specimens are already deteriorating - time is of great
importance. I would have to think that some kind of "talking nicely" surely
has already taken place. If just asking nicely after a factual and
reasonable presentation were all that were needed - this situation would
already have been resolved. The saying that the squeaky wheel gets the oil
comes to mind. As a pastor, I have been in and out of court with many
people and all kinds of situations. Money does talk and reasonable
compromised almost always only follows some "threat" that motivates the
threatened to negotiate.

Government bodies, boards, commissions, etc are the absolute worst to get
anything done with - just try to get a pot hole fixed, stop sign put up,
school board, city council etc. etc. to do something. There is no one
person to sit down and reason with, no specific feet at which authority
lies, its like living the movie Brazil. Nightmare on science street.

I am not talking about suing for money - but a court ordered intervention.
AND that just a phone call or letter from a real lawyer on behalf of a real
scientific entity could get things moving in the right direction -
negotiation. The course I suggest is not to punish - punitive but
corrective. I'm late for an appointment, I better get going or I may get
sued :-)

Ron