Fwd: Digitial Publication, etc.

Tue Jun 26 12:01:27 CDT 2001

Doug Yanega wrote:

> I can read the electronic time stamp on your posting:
>
> Date:         Tue, 26 Jun 2001 07:32:50 -0400
>
> and know to the nearest *second* when it was "published". I can do
> the same for e-mail messages I received from you over 10 years ago.

If this is true, then why do e-mails that I wrote at 9:00 A.M. arrive showing
that they were written several hours (as much as six in some cases) after the
actual time that I posted them?
In fact, in some cases the "time stamp" has been off by over a day!

I suspect it has something to do with electronic traffic, which servers are busy
or down, etc.

Dick

--
Richard J. Jensen              TEL: 219-284-4674
Department of Biology      FAX: 219-284-4716
Saint Mary's College         E-mail: rjensen at saintmarys.edu
Notre Dame, IN  46556     http://www.saintmarys.edu/~rjensen