Reference on caterpillars and ants symbiosis.

Atilano Contreras-Ramos acontreras_ramos at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 1 15:43:41 CDT 2001

Greetings,

Would anyone on line have the exact reference of a paper (or papers?) by
Phil DeVries on symbiosis between ants and caterpillars (the latter
producing microsounds [stridulations] to attract the ants, and these
providing protection to the caterpillars).  I think one of the papers
appeared in Scientific American and we need it for a class. Any help will be
appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Atilano Contreras-Ramos, Ph.D.
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas
Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Hidalgo
Apdo. Postal 1-69, Plaza Juarez, 42001 Pachuca, Hidalgo
MEXICO.
Tel.: (+52) 7-717-2000, ex. 6643