aedo at MA-RJB.CSIC.ES
Wed Oct 3 15:30:14 CDT 2001
The "Real Jardín Botánico (RJB), CSIC (Madrid, Spain)" offers a
full-time contract. This 2-year position has been made available by the
European project Euro+Med. Applicants interested in the Spanish branch
of this European taxonomy project should have the following
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Skills in team collaboration.
- Experience in databases and herbarium managing
- Trained in Plant Taxonomy, including nomenclature, botanical
terminology, biogeography of Europe and Mediterranean plants, etc.
- User of internet and Microsoft applications (Word, Access and
The successful candidate will joint the Spanish team as soon as a
candidate has been selected.
Duties and responsibilities
- Active participation in correspondence with European groups.
- File management on electronic formats.
- Selecting, sorting, and correcting databases of botanical names.
- Processing botanical data produced by the research fellows.
- Other floristics tasks are needed.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, contact address,
curriculum vitae, and three letters of reference (optional) to:
Dr. Santiago Castroviejo
Real Jardín Botánico, CSIC
Claudio Moyano 1
28014 Madrid, Spain
phone: + 34 91 4203017
fax: + 34 91 4200157
e-mail: castroviejo at ma-rjb.csic.es
Correspondence via e-mail is most recommended.
More information about the Taxacom