Plants on the web

Piet Stoffelen piet at BR.FGOV.BE
Fri Oct 5 08:25:10 CDT 2001

Often we receive requests for images of plants, sometimes we can help
with slides made by staff members, but often we are not able to do so.
Last week we received a similar question from a staff member of a
service which has to implement the legislation on the protection of
plants and vegetations. They asked for an url with plant names, family
names, photo's etc.
For plant names I would suggest the Mabberley, IPNI and Tropicos
webside. But for images and identifications I don't know very well which
I would suggest.
Thanks,
Piet

Dr. Piet Stoffelen