Fwd: Re: Problems importing insect pins

Neal Evenhuis neale at BISHOPMUSEUM.ORG
Wed Oct 10 07:57:41 CDT 2001

At 9:48 AM -0700 10/10/01, Doug Yanega wrote:
>It is, incidentally, a side effect of the recent nonsense that my web
>page of curious scientific names (which lists Anthrax) has been
>getting a lot more hits in the last week. Surprising, considering how
>far down the list that page must be when one does a search. Maybe it
>depends on the search engine.

... and imagine the thoughts running through people's minds when they
go to the page with Anthrax on our server referring to a checklist of
the Bombyliidae held in the USNM Collection curated here at Bishop
Museum, which I naively entitled years ago as "USNMBombcheck.html"
... (It's been getting an increase in hits the last few days too --
no doubt a few from the FBI!)

--Neal