Problems importing insect pins

Ken Kinman kinman at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 10 15:48:21 CDT 2001

     And imagine the poor entomologist going through airport security not
only with insect pins, but they are in a box labelled "Bombyliid specimens".
      And so many ominous sounding names:  Cyananthrax cyanoptera, Inyo
destructor, Anthrax varius, Bombomyia bombiformis, Thyridanthrax pertusa,
Rhynchanthrax plagosus.   You could probably get some dirty looks by just
discussing bee fly taxonomy in a public place.