critter names

James Kruse fnjjk1 at UAF.EDU
Wed Oct 10 14:32:49 CDT 2001

Thanks Ron, and everyone else for the responses. I was confused by a
particular case I looked at during my graduate work.

As for sinister names, how about some of the mosquito species names attached
to some of those dangerous insect pins = excrucians or punctor.

James J. Kruse, Ph.D.
Curator of Entomology
University of Alaska Museum
907 Yukon Drive