Insects for molecular work

Riaan Stals VREHRS at PLANT5.AGRIC.ZA
Thu Oct 25 10:05:26 CDT 2001

Dear Colleagues

Apologies for cross-postings.

I ask you expert opinions, since I have been receiving contradictory
opinions from the experts around here.

We are about to buy a ultralow freezer for the indefinite storage of
insects in absolute ethanol for future molecular work. The experts
around here cannot agree whether a -30°C or a -70°C would be the
best freezer, and this morning I received a message from another
expert that room temperature would be just fine.

Please enlighten me.

RIAAN

RIAAN STALS
VREHRS at PLANT5.AGRIC.ZA

South African National Collection of Insects
ARC - Plant  Protection  Research  Institute
Private Bag X134  Pretoria 0002 South Africa
Voice +27-12-323-8540    Fax +27-12-325-6998