Myriostoma coliforme

Jan Bosselaers dochterland at PANDORA.BE
Mon Sep 24 00:21:54 CDT 2001

Dear taxacomers,

I got a lot of responses to my question regarding the distribution and
rarity of Myriostoma coliforme and I would like to thank all those who
gave me information: Philippe Clerck, Sigvard Svensson, Roy Halling, Rod
Tulloss, Vera Evenson, André De Kesel, Florence Nishida and Vladimir
Antonin.
Together with some information I could gather on the web, I obtained the
following picture:
Canada: Ontario
USA: Florida (Lake Charles), Ohio, New Mexico, Hawai’i (Mamane Naio),
probably Colorado and Dakota
Mexico: Vera Cruz
Brasil
Argentina
Germany (Redlisted): Darmstadt, Baden Württemberg, Mecklenburg
Vorpommern
Netherlands: North Sea dunes
Great Britain: Jersey (rediscovered February 1996 by Nick Armstrong)
Hungary
Sweden (Redlisted): Södermanland
Italy: Sicily
Switzerland: extinct (last find in Chiasso, 1949)
Czech Republic: Bohemia, Southern Moravia
Slovakia: five localities in Southern Slovakia, one in Eastern Slovakia
Spain: Catalunya (Baix Empordà)
South Africa: Cape province
I placed my photographs of a Spanish specimen on the following URL
address: http://wyith.ch/home/dochterland.org/fungi.htm

Best regards,

Jan

Dr. Jan Bosselaers
"Dochterland", R. novarumlaan 2
B-2340 Beerse, Belgium               tel / fax 32-14-615896
home: dochterland at pandora.be  /  hortipes at dochterland.org
work: jbossela at janbe.jnj.com
web: http://www.dochterland.org/

"In every dreamhome a heartache... and every step I take...
Takes me further from heaven..." Brian Ferry