New issue of ENTOMOTROPICA

Marco Gaiani mgaiani at FUNDACITE.ARG.GOV.VE
Tue Apr 9 10:33:58 CDT 2002

Dear list members,

A new issue of Entomotropica (April. 2002) is on-line at
www.entomotropica.org, the contents are:

1. Field evaluation of effectivity of <I>Bacillus sphaericus</I> against
<I>Anopheles aquasalis</I> Curry (Diptera: Culicidae) larvae in natural
breeding-sites of Sucre State, Venezuela.
2. Sampling procedures to survey <I>Frankliniella occidentalis</I>
(Pergande, 1895) (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) populations on <I>Dianthus
caryophyllus</I> (Cariophyllaceae) in greenhouse.
3. Morphological characterization and comparative analysis of the
proventriculus from three species of <I>Endecous</I> Saussure, 1878
(Orthoptera: Gryllidae: Phalangopsinae).
4. The <I>Athyreus tribuliformis</I> Felsche complex with descriptions of
three new species (Coleoptera: Scarabaeoidea: Geotrupidae: Athyreini)
5. Review of the genus <I>Chalepides</I> Casey, 1915 (Coleoptera:
Scarabaeidae: Dynastinae: Cyclocephalini).
6. Development of the apical tip damage of guava fruit, <I>Psidium
guajava</I> L., caused by <I>Brevipalpus phoenicis</I> (Geijskes) (Acari:
Tenuipalpidae).
7. Use of the botanical insecticide, neem to control the small rice
stinkbug <I>Oebalus poecilus</I> (Dallas, 1851) (Hemiptera: Pentatomidae)
in Guyana.
8. Presence of the hibiscus pink mealybug <I>Maconellicoccus hirsutus</I>
(Green) (Hemiptera: Pseudococcidae) in Venezuela.
9. Additions, corrections and nomenclatural update to “Mariposas de
Venezuela” by Théophile Raymond. II. Hesperiidae.
10. Diurnal butterflies (Lepidoptera: Rhopalocera) of the Ecological Park
of La Chontalpa, Tabasco, Mexico.

Marco A. Gaiani
Editorial Comitee
Entomotropica (former Boletin de Entomologia Venezolana)
www.entomotropica.org
mailto:mgaiani at entomotropica.org