Identification or determination needed

Prirodoslovni muzej Split primust at ST.TEL.HR
Thu Apr 11 11:11:32 CDT 2002

Dear friends,
my colleague Tonci Radja < tonci.radja at st.tel.hr > has collected two samples of apterigous vasps from two localities from Dalmatia (Mediterranean part of Croatia, Europe). We don't have hymenoptera experts here and he asked for taxonomist help to identify this specimens for him.
And I am interested personally in the difference between two terms: determination and identifying. We used to say here determinators, determinate etc., but many of our colleagues use term "to identify" etc. What is the difference between this two terms and when to use identify, when to use determine?
Thank you and best wishes!

Boze Kokan, Croatia, Europe