Oragnutan relationships

John Grehan jrg13 at PSU.EDU
Thu Apr 11 18:09:11 CDT 2002

>Hmm. I don't follow the logic, and  I wasn't aware anyone actually did
>that - if
>you mean 'belief' as in a principle accepted as true or real without
>proof.  Or
>even if you mean religious faith.
>
>Love those cuddly oragnutans.
>
>  Geoff Read <g.read at niwa.cri.nz>

I was referring to belief as a view accepted as true or real with OR
without 'proof' (evidence etc).

The logic here was that The Academy of Sciences is presenting evolution as
a doctrine comprising beliefs - particular views of the world that were
accepted as true or real. In the case of nearest relative to humans the
doctrine was that chimps are our nearest relatives. The problem is that not
all evolutionists take this to be true. This is the problem of presenting
evolution as a doctrine of beliefs since not all evolutionists necessarily
have the same beliefs about particular historical events, origins and
processes.

John Grehan