Center of origin

John Grehan jrg13 at PSU.EDU
Sun Apr 14 09:19:39 CDT 2002

>Do you mean to imply, from this, that the "center of origin" concept has
>little or no more validity than the flat earth theory?
>
>Steve

As a methodological tool the answer my opinion is yes when it comes to
Darwinian centers of origin. However, the issue I was focusing on was the
acceptance of the concept as a reality without evidential support (i.e. one
normally finds in dispersalist biogeography the center of origin is read
into the empirical data using one or more theoretical criteria).

John Grehan