Galapagos, biogeography, geology

John R. Grehan jrg13 at PSU.EDU
Tue Apr 16 11:53:41 CDT 2002

>I study evolution in East Africa, which is a geologist's playground.
>Geology can not be ignored.  But any one geological hypothesis always
>has alternatives that may stress other forces or historical considerations.

Which is why a biogeographic method such as panbiogeography may be useful
as providing additional evidence.

>  But I am having difficulty seeing how it adds up to a theory.

That's something that will be up to individuals decide, each according to
their personal criteria of what constitutes a 'theory'.

John Grehan

John Grehan
Frost Entomological Museum
Pennsylvania State University