Islands, Science and Creationism

Ken Kinman kinman at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 17 09:32:36 CDT 2002

     Perhaps the most important word in all this discussion is "traces".
Every documented specimen (living or fossil) provides a trace that must be
taken in context with other traces.
     The tricky part is not trying to read too much into a few or even a
single trace, such as that Cretaceous fossil tick in New Jersey.  Until we
have other early fossil ticks to place it in some context, I am still very
reluctant to believe that it hitched a ride on a bird from South America.
         ----- Cheers,   Ken Kinman