No subject

B.J.Tindall bti at DSMZ.DE
Tue Apr 23 07:41:20 CDT 2002

I was looking for a definition of "crown taxa" since I was not sure whether
I understood the term correctly and couldn't find anything conclusive. My
initial impression was that "crown taxa" were those organisms living today,
but I have seen the term used in such a way that it would mean that crown
taxa are vertebrates and higher plants etc., whereas protists would not be
considered to be crown taxa. Could anyone provide more information?
Brian

* Dr.B.J.Tindall      E-MAIL bti at dsmz.de                           *
* DSMZ-Deutsche Sammlung von Mikroorganismen und Zellkulturen GmbH *
* Mascheroder Weg 1b, D-38124 Braunschweig, Germany                *
* Tel.: ++ 531 2616 0 (general)                                    *
* Tel.: ++ 531 2616 224 (direct)                                   *
* Fax:  ++ 531 2616 418                                            *
* Fax:  ++ 531 2616 491 (ISDN)                                     *
* Homepage: http://www.dsmz.de/index.html                          *
* E-MAIL: help at dsmz.de (general enquiries)                         *
*         sales at dsmz.de (sales)                                    *