Fwd: Re: Galapagos scorpion and center of origin

John R. Grehan jrg13 at PSU.EDU
Fri Apr 26 11:37:57 CDT 2002

Peter Hovenkamp

>I'm puzzled. Are you suggesting that Heads is an "other biogeographer", and
>not a panbiogeographer?

No. 'see' Heads is indicating that Heads provides the information
supporting my statement that 'other' biogeographers are beginning... etc.

>Incidentally, how does one become a panbiogeographer?

By supporting and applying Croizat's panbiogeography I suppose.

>If I would have written "Towards a panbiogeographic approach for the
>analysis of vicariance patterns" instead of what I wrote ("A direct method
>for the analysis of vicariance patterns", Cladistics 17: 260-265) - and
>would have phrased the introduction slightly differently - would that have
>raised some eyebrows?

Quite possibly.

John Grehan

Frost Entomological Museum