traveling with chemicals

Neill, Amanda aneill at NYBG.ORG
Thu Aug 1 20:17:21 CDT 2002

Dear Taxacomers,
  The times being what they are, I am hesitating to pack certain useful
chemicals as I prepare for a field trip to S. America (departing from New
York City).  I would like to hear of any of your opinions or experiences in
traveling internationally with FAA, Hoyer's solution, and other fixatives,
preservatives, stains, or slide preparatives that contain "dangerous"
chemicals.  If they can't be taken in checked luggage, and they can't be
obtained in the destination country, what can you do about it?
Amanda